Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Challenge 6x6x3

"Nectar Detectors" M Collier 6"x6" oil on panel SOLD

"Son, we found this in your room, and..." Otto Lange 6" x 6" oil on panel

"Female Pills" Jelaine Faunce 6" x 6" oil on panel

PHEW!!!! We made it. Here is our January Challenge.

For a while now I have wanted to incorporate butterflies into some of my paintings. This seemed like a good time to start. Though they were a little trying to paint I am happy with the outcome and hope to find more ways to get these little guys into future pieces.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jelaine Faunce said...

M, I was just wondering....How'd you get them to hold still for so long???? Don't answer that.

Okay, so does this mean I need to prepare myself for having you send us some butterflies as a future Challenge subject? Actually, when I think about it now, I know exactly what I want to paint with one of these. So, go ahead. Make my day. ;o)

Bring it on!!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Todd Bonita said...

fun to follow your work all these years M..you seem to tackle every canvas with sureness...you make it all look so easy, which we know it really isn't..this is the sign of a really skilled artist. Beautiful composition here M.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Deb Schmit said...

Beautiful work as M.
So as a new(ish) visitor, I'm curious. What challenge?
How do I see the work of those who participated?

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M. What a beautiful and vibrant painting! Great challenge, the subject matter is unexpected and wonderful. you have done it again!!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger tlwest said...

Love it! inspiring!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home